Have You Not Heard Our Saviour's Love?
West Gallery Music
1. Have you not heard, not heard our Saviour's love,
That he was born to save our souls above;
Therefore let us to heav'n our voices raise,
And sing to God in solemn hymns of praise.
2. Hark a glad voice the lonely desert cheers;
Prepare the way, a God, a God appears;
A God, a God, the vocal hills reply,
And rocks proclaim t'aproaching Deity.
3. 'Tis he th'obstructed paths of sound shall clear
And bid new music charm th'unfolding ear:
The dumb shall sing, the lame his crutch forego,
And leap exulting like the bounding roe.
4. The seas shall waste, the skies in smoke decay
Rocks fall to dust and mountains melt away
But fixed thy word, thy saving pow'r remains:
Thy realms shall last, thine own Messiah reigns.
5. All glory be to God enthroned on high,
Who sent his Son to save our souls thereby,
Therefore rejoice! rejoice again I say!
For now once more is come the happy day.
(Verse 1 anon., Verses 2-4, Alexander Pope)